Saturday, April 07, 2007

saturday night.

Haiz...





This is like quite sucky. I had to study on weekends. I've been chionging my AAH 104 essay about Indian cultural influence in South-East Asia. Seriously, it's not much to talk about. I thought we're supposed to argue on essays (like what our ALS module taught us) but it doesn't apply in my history course! Especially with Dr.Fernando! He wants archaeological evidences. AAaaaaaarghh!! And you know what ... okay! He's an Indian. He expects all of us to pronounce his Indian words correctly with the exact pronunciation as he does it. EH! Helloo!! I'm very oriental and most of us are! Only Kahbini is the only Indian in our history class. Chih! I hope I don't get deducted on those minor things. ... ... ...





But interesting facts are:


1. Garuda is a mythical bird! -- Phoaaa! When I first read this in one of D.G.E Hall's chapter, I was quite shocked. Indonesian national icon was based on a mythical bird. It was influenced by Hinduism coz that bird was supposedly a warrior bird, ridden by a Hindu god called Vishnu.





2. Sanskrit language was originated from India. -- This, I think most of us know that. But must take note that in Indonesia, Sanskrit wasn't really adopted fully. They did mixed some Sanskrit into Javanese. Examples: "Mandala", "Chandi", "Dharma".





3. Srivijaya kingdom existed in Sumatra. -- The major city that played a major role in commerce was what we call now, Palembang.








So many things to talk about, yet so lazy...coz I've been doing this since last week. Chionging and chionging... ><" ...Haha! Anyway! That's all for today. It's already 11.26 PM. *waiting*. IC if you're reading this, you know what I'll say right? Hehe.. Yep! Tqm. Nite people! =) p.s. This was what I did during lunchtime...Got nothing better to do...

thought, organized, and decorated by angelene tjoandi.

item used: raw beehoon that angel took from the plastic bag beside her that was supposedly to be cooked for lunch. [itchy hands]

No comments: