Sunday, April 15, 2007

discussions.

Sunday afternoon. Suppose to be studying but you know me ... after ALS...WHOOOOSH!!! no more man! ='D siannnnn....

Oh well, I promise to study tomorrow. Actually, I've been studying since 3 days ago. My studying would mean, talking to people and asking them about Singapore history (haha! cheating right? =P)

I got a question for you all who read this post. If you guys can provide me a good answer for my argument (this is also helping me in my exam), it'll be SOOOOOO great! And I must say I can't thank you enough for helping me out. Coz you see, I never took Singapore history before. So believe it or not, I had a Singapore history module this semester. Better yet, it's a tertiary level module! Aaaaaaaaaaa..... I'm bombarded by this Raffles and Goh Keng Swee. Wooooooo!!
But it's quite an experience to learn other people's culture. And hey! Singapore history did not go as far as Indonesian history, so it's not as difficult as other country's history. =)

So here are my questions:

1. What is a global-city?
2. Can Singapore become a global-city before the 1980s?
3. How do you separate facts from myth for Singapore's pre-1819 history?
4. What is the role of Goh Keng Swee? What is so important about him? Does he play a major role in the making of a global-city?

Do post your answers on the tagboard. If it's not enough ... chat with me or post it on friendster. Cheers and muchos gracias! =D

No comments: