Wednesday, July 25, 2007

the tagline.

"If you're brave enough to kill, why aren't you brave enough to change?"

It's one of those powerful lines taken from a Hong Kong movie Invisible Target.
Although at first I did not plan to watch it but since my sister, my brother, my uncle, and I had nothing to do in Vivocity, we decided to kill time by watching this Chinese movie. It turns out to be an amazing masterpiece! Not only was the storyline catchy, the effects and stunts were also incredible. The actors include Shawn Yue and Nicholas Tse -- oh yeah, they're sizzlin' HOT -- and one more guy (whom I shall call Mr.X, for now, coz I don't know the name!) who looked like Jacie Chan (Jackie Chan's son) ... except that this guy has a better nose than Mr.Chan. Ahem..

That tagline was actually addressed to one of the gangsters that these policemen tried to arrest. (Take note that the actors that I've mentioned were the "good guys"). It was Mr.X's line when he questioned the villain (I shall call him Mr.O, for blogging purpose). Mr.X asked that question because he knew that there was still some good and working conscience in Mr.O.
On the other hand, Mr.O replied him coldly, "I was born to be bad." and so on and so forth ... and in the end, Mr.O died. How? WATCH IT YOURSELF, you spoiler-reader! I spend SEVEN bucks just to watch the movie and you wanna know the whole story for free? ISH! So inhumane ar!


The powerful message about the tagline is this ...
Change that "kill" into something we are sinful most. It may be watching TV, or smoking, or indulging massive chocolates. If we can do that, why can't we change? And of course, this "change" is to a better cause.
As I ponder on this question, I came into a conclusion, which may not be applicable to ALL, but it is universal (especially to me).
"Phenomenal miracles happen because of desperate people asking for it."
I derived this quote from a sermon by Ps.Franco G. when he came to ENCS on July 15, 2007.
In other words, things do happen according to what we are desperate for. If I take a look at my life, for instance, I would see that 95% of my desperateness leads to success. But of course, the 5% is either I wasn't allowed or not yet. An example would be my wanting to get the glasses that I wanted. If you all know the blue specs that I wore for the last two years, that's the product of Angelene being desperate! My grandma told me that it wasn't suitable for me. My mom told me that it looked horendous. Nevertheless, I kept on persisting. I ensure them that it's something out of the ordinary and it'll survive with me for a couple of years (uhm..it's coz I always change specs when I'm given the chance to shop for one =P). And true enough, they're probably "annoyed" by my determination to own the blue plastic spectacles. The end of the story ... they bought my desperateness.
See what I mean?
Hope ya'll catch the movie as soon as possible. And do LEARN from media. It sure feeds you with lotsa moral principles and values.

No comments: