Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Young and MacMac

We bid farewells to two of our dearest friends in a month? That's too much already.
First we had Young. She left Korea already. 'Twas a great joy to have her around. We met earlier this year, the start of the new semester. She came as an exchange student in NUS. We met in ENCS Lifegroup and we became close after being acquainted for a month or two.



I remember the time during our exam period, we went for dinner in Food Republic, Vivocity, after Lifegroup. She was suppose to go home to study but then I pursuaded her to go Max Brenner and eat chocolates with me. I was quite a devil. Ahem. But ... she refused to go with me. So I gave up. But minutes later, just before we left the table, she came up to me and decided to study the next day rather than that night. I was so excited! So in the end, we went to Max Brenner and enjoyed our evening 'til midnight ** Hendry brought me home, we shared a cabbie. DUR!!




called Hendry up to Max Brenner. Those who were present: Ash, Young, me, Hendry, and Wayne on the cam.



Special moments with Young also includes the pre-Saturday Night Fever day. She and I finished our exams a day or two before the event. A day before the party, both of us went shopping for her costume. She was completely blank about what to wear for the party. I helped her picked out several items from the shops in Far East Plaza. We had such a great night shopping, trying out dresses, and chatting together. The great thing was that she bought everything below her budget. It was surprising, indeed. =) I also suggested her to use contact lenses for the party. It's to blend and match the colors of her outfit, since her glasses was red.

At the party itself, Young won the best outfit! I added my blue necklace so the top won't look too plain. This was how she looked like:



Party Queen!





Then there was the Bali trip. She came to Jakarta and Bali to spend time with us. She even watched the West-Side Story by Morning Star Academy's Performing Arts. At first, I was supposedly accompany her for the whole show. But then I became one of the supporting players for the show, to replace a student. In the end, I asked my aunt and her friends to accompany Young as she sat for the the night show. She had a great time too and of course, a great evening wouldn't be as great if there aren't pictures.





Part of the Tjoandi siblings as WSS casts with Young and Mrs. Tjoandi (my mommah!)

Bali with my Korean babe




We're locked outside our hotel room and we're posin'




Aromatherapy for 2 hours for only Rp.125thou (SGD$20)? What more can you ask!



Second we have Michael Ostique, affectionately known as MacMac. He left for the States today.



Although it was only a month since the first time I met him, but the moments of hangouts were unforgettable. He is such a blessing in my life personally. He's always cheerful and very lovable. The first time we took a picture together, no other words can describe him except ... Mr.Bean. The fact that he looks like one, when he did his "MacMac smile". Proof?


The "MacMac smile" -- I wasn't ready yar!


We always spend hours during hangouts. UNO is our favorite game. So far, our favorite place to sit and play UNO is Far East Plaza. It varies though, depending on our mood. MacMac was known for being our "Shuffleur" (or in English term: one who shuffles). But! I mildly disliked his shuffling because of the constant persistent colors that I've collected when I took the cards from the deck. Grrr...


Nevertheless, UNO without MacMac will never be the same again.

UNO in Burger King @ Orchard

UNO on the floor @ Vivo City

UNO in Burger King @ Far East Plaza -- goin' head to head with MacMac .... and I lost .. .. .. cut hair cut hair!! =/

No comments: