Saturday, March 10, 2007

hypocritical studies and stuff.

Selamat pagi, dunia!

I've been up for almost 15 hours now. It was a hectic day today, although my class started at 2.30 PM. I went early to school coz SJ decided to give me a cheese brownie, and she said it's better to eat that brownie right after it was cooled in the fridge. But hellooo! She came out of the house early in the morning and in the end, it's still soggy. ><" Yet, it's deliciously indescribable! Thanks beib!

What else.
After class, I went to Vivo for Life Group. Today's sharing was great. Tony talked about "integrity". He touched on how our lives shouldn't be hypocritical. And what you viewed yourself may not be the same like what others viewed you. It was quite interesting coz we did some activities like naming 3 things that describe yourself. I said I'm "blur, smiley, friendly", then the person to the right will have to describe me in 3 words also. It was Wayne Dell! He described me as "domineering, sweet, ..." and I forgot one more! haha! Domineering?? Dick described it as "bossy". WOW! I never knew I was bossy. It's just some things that I can't see it but others do. Which concludes that when friends see something's not right in me, or they critique on my behavior, I would check again coz again ... it's not about how I feel, it's about how others feel when I behave that way.

Same thing like make-ups. I'm not saying that ALL girls use make-ups to cover up their ugliness. Heck no! But for me, make-ups represent "neatness", especially if we meet a lot of people. Imagine talking to someone but that person can't help staring at your almost-bursting-red pimple. Eeww! Experienced that before? Or, that person has a really puffy dark circles below their eyes. Hey c'mon! You don't wanna be seen like that right, girls? And guess what, those things become a distraction to people whom you're talking with. I can go on and on about beauty make-overs, but one thing for sure ... our security is not dependent upon make-ups. Someday Body Shop will close down. Sometime later, your skin can't handle make-ups anymore. If our identity is upon make-ups, we're slaves to make-ups! It's as if make-ups SAVE the day and nothing else can replace make-ups in our lives. DUH! Get a life. You're placing your identity in an object, girlfriend! Can make-ups solve your problems? Ask yourself where are you placing your identity now. What is the thing that you prioritize more. Things that you prioritize first becomes your identity. You'll do things based on what you prioritize.

I thank God that He has called me to do great things. I know that my identity in Him will always be secure coz He's the Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the End. Fashion changes. Techonology changes. Boyfriends may break our hearts. Husbands may be unfaithful. There's no WAY this corrupted world offer true love and identity. Let's just be realistic. Just look around you and what do you find but divorces, anger, rebellion, lusts, etc. For me, I don't believe the world anymore. What good are they offering? Even if I have a higher degree or high pay or high job position, I won't survive coz I'd probably have no LIFE! But by the grace of God ... He who gives me peace, love, and joy so that I can live my days grateful and enjoying every moments of it. And I'm glad that I don't have to please all my friends coz I'm secure in who I am in Christ. He accepts me whenever, however, and whatever I am, even since the day I was born. It's so good to be loved, especially when you're loved before you're even born. (Jer. 29:11)

Religious? =) Haha.. if it doesn't make sense, then it is religious. But I hope ya'll can relate to your current situation as I've related mine. This thing that I believe is a lifestyle that I follow, not some freakin' "another Christianity" type of thing. Haha! Seriously, I'm also sick of those on-the-air Christian teachings ya coz it just don't make SENSE! It's so unrealistic. Although we need to know those spiritual things also, but what's more important is the values and principles that the Bible wants us to learn. Then why do you think Jesus came to this Earth? Why do you think He is called the second Adam? And why was He always opposed by the Pharisees? Because He changed those traditional teachings into actions! What did the Pharisees do? They taught godly and spiritual stuff, but did they do anything about it? Nope. Did they do what they preach? Nope. Again ... hypocritical.

I really ponder a lot on these things. It's quite amazing. Btw, without Jesus coming to Earth, there wouldn't be any timeline. That's why they named it B.C. (Before Christ). Interesting eh? Hehe.. It's my Father's name! Soo proud of Him! =D
Anyways.. It's quite late already. I'm feeling the fatigue. I love you peoples who read this. Hope it blesses you all, coz that's what I'm living for. To serve and to influence people for GREATNESS.

No comments: