Sunday, March 25, 2007

BLOODY IRRITATING! **WARNING!**it may raise sensitive feelings!**don't read if you're not MATURE!**

"We have found a witch, may we burn her?"

A line from Monty Python's The Quest for the Holy Grail that served as a ridiculous comment from the villagers. It happen to be ME who's now saying that to my ALS tutor. Yeaah! It's the first time I hate a teacher. And call yourself in NIE and this is what you get.. a very bad role model.

WHY do I hate her badly?
Few reasons. Don't think just because my friends hate her, I also hate her, NO WAY.. I'm not the "up-to-the-trend" kinda person eh.
1. First lesson is alright. You gotta know her more and see her style. "Oh, okay! She's a sporty cool type of tutor" I thought. She's single and wore Adidas brand most of the time.
2. Second and third lesson, I felt sorry for my friends who were scolded "indirectly" by her because they didn't do their work. I mean, HELLO! who on earth check individual readings in university level?!? She checked and commented, "Hey! How come there's no highlights here." or "Why don't you criticize this?" or "Why aren't there any comments next to the paragraphs?" SLAP HER ON THE FACE
3. She gets really irritating before the recess week. She told us that there was a make up class on Saturday, coz on Monday, she had to go for conference, etc. So here I was, in NIE (Boon Lay) early in the morning, travelled all the way from Hougang, 9AM, nobody's there. 9.02AM, Elizabeth came. 9.05AM, Yee Yan came. Waited.. Waited.. Waited.. 9.15AM, I was jokingly commenting to those two, "Don't tell me she cancelled the class." We were laughing, while Elizabeth was getting ready for her presentation (she uploaded it to her email, so she checked her mail). 9.20AM, it's only the three of us still, when the class supposed to start at 9AM. Yee Yan suggested that we should probably call the others and ask. However, nobody had the others' contact numbers. I told them that I had the tutor's. I smsed her and guess what ... she called. Yes! The witch called. (so much for the medieval times!)
W: Hello, Angelene?
Me: Ya, hi! What time does it actually start, witch*?
W: Ohmy! I didn't have your contact number so you didn't get my message?
Me: Err.. no..
W: I told the others that today's class is cancelled coz I have an urgent ... [some text missing]
Me: Err.. okay..
W: Who's there with you?
Me: Yee Yan and Elizabeth
W: Oh! I also didnt have their contacts. Can you please tell them ... [some text missing]
* name changed to de-popularize
And that was it! We're all quite pissed by her. In the end, we had to take breakfast at Canteen A. The bright side of it ... I got to know Yee Yan and Elizabeth better, they're DARLINGS! =)
4. To gain favor from someone after you've just lost your integrity, what would you do? Continue to piss them? EXACTLY! That's what the witch did. Cornered us like there's no tomorrow. During the short presentation, I was the 2nd one to present. I did not do it in Powerpoint, I did it on Microsoft Word. At the end of my presentation, guess what she said.."Angelene, like what my other students always said, we don't want to offend you, we love you, BUT ... [more text missing]" Hey! C'mon! It's a tutor-peer feedback kinda stuff laa.. we know that it won't be offending if your purpose is to help that person. But the way she said it makes it sound ... INSULTING and OFFENDING lor! And she never agreed to my points. Just because I did not write any bibliographies down for the presentation, or the questionnares (who would want to complete their questionnares on Week 8 when the actual sumbission date is on Week 13 laaa! Sheesh!). And again.. Throughout that lesson, I was always the target of her lecture. She had this indirect sarcasms but when you're the target, you'll know that it's YOU! SLAP HER ON THE FACE
5. My impatient self arose when I got back my Reader Response. Like what Charmain said, who on earth would want to mark your thoughts and reflections! As in giving grades on it. wadda hellll!! You actually got grades for your own opinions, and they tell you which one is wrong and which one is right (for her case, everything seems so wrong except for those done by the crossovers and returning teachers). Yea yea.. if they're the "holy ones", why not make a class of her own with "their" species. It's not that we hate the crossovers. They're nice people. But sometimes, it's just hard to like them when you're always being compared in class. They're the "ALMIGHTY" and us the "PEASANTS". I feel like cursing lor but .. hey.. patience patience.. grrrrrrrrr..... So anyway, I didn't like my results for my Reader Response. And what makes it even worse are the comments. Who on earth would comment such things like, "Which question is this?" or "How many words?". And that's IT!!!! I guess the witch had no time marking the freshmen's assignments coz she's working so hard to make and mix her LOVE-potion for her to get married FAST. Ha!
Tis quite bad right. I don't blame her for my grades. Maybe I did something wrong or I didn't write what she'd expected (yeah! her expectancy level is SOOOO high, that only "holy people" can reach her standard. SLAP HER ON THE FACE!) But if I'm wrong, I need correction! But she didn't give ANY comments at all on my paper regarding the academic writing. YA! Talk about "academic discourse skills". Pfffftttt... Puhleeeezeee..
Conclusion:
2 more times to meet her then it's OVER. She can burn all she wants, we don't mind. So if you're a teacher and you're reading this.. this is how it'll sound if you irritate your students and show biasness. Pledge yourself to always be kind to every students that you teach. It'll benefit you LOVE even more. Don't suffer and side-track yourself to becoming a witch that'll burn in stakes. You are a teacher, you change lives; not making lives miserable. That's why I can't consider my ALS tutor a teacher, she's a witch. Therefore, what shall we do with her? (refer to Monty Python's The Quest for the Holy Grail)

No comments: